Website Evora Group
As a key member of our consulting team, this position is responsible for overseeing solid waste and groundwater operations and serving as both a client and project manager for Evora Consulting. Participating in leadership, planning and strategy meetings and serving as a representative of Evora Group in the solid waste community.
Evora Group is a specialty consulting group located in West Des Moines, Iowa. Founded in 1995 to provide dedicated solid waste consulting services to integrated solid waste management (ISWM) facilities throughout the Iowa, Missouri, Kansas and Illinois; we provide an array of ISWM services for both public and private solid waste facilities that service populations ranging from 5,000 to 1.1 million.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITES
- Lead the solid waste engineering and groundwater employees; oversee day to day workloads, scheduling, reviews, discipline, mentoring and meetings.
- Serve as a client manager for solid waste clients.
- Provide senior technical review of proposals and project deliverables.
- Serve as a Senior Project Manager for solid waste projects.
- Analyze, forecast and manage projections for engineering operations projects
- Provide senior design support for master plans, construction plans, stormwater management plan, leachate control systems, SCADA, pumps, and controls, etc.
- Oversee activities associated with the planning, development, design, and permitting of the expansion of solid waste facilities.
- Assist clients with permit applications, renewals, amendments, and other regulatory requirements, as well as the development of master plans and capital improvement plans, operational reviews, guidance, and training.
- Oversee and coordinate construction activities including preparation of bid documents and construction administration and observation for solid waste projects; includes reviewing bids, addenda, contractor pay applications, and preparing change orders and regulatory documentation.
- Perform occasional fieldwork in construction observation/testing, landfill inspections and provide general assistance to field operations.
- Provide input and feedback on business development initiatives including assessment of projects for alignment with company goals and capabilities.
- Present on topics as a representative of Evora at local, state, and regional conferences.
- Attend internal leadership, management, planning and strategy meetings as scheduled.
- Provide input in preparation of annual Evora budget.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil or environmental engineering.
- 7-10 years of experience in civil engineering.
- 3-5 years of project, client and/or employee management experience.
- 5-7 years solid waste industry experience required
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensed in Iowa or ability to obtain within 3 months. Additional licenses preferred in adjacent states.
Evora Group provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com