Website Evora Group
Your partner in environmental and petroleum solutions.
Evora Consulting is currently seeking a full-time Environmental Specialist to join our team. In this position, primary responsibilities will be in construction oversight, with other environmental compliance and system maintenance tasks assigned as well. Typical hours are 40-50 hours per week, Monday through Friday with occasional weekends as determined by project needs. This position will require frequent overnight travel and will be based primarily outdoors, working year-round and in all weather conditions.
What will you be doing if you join us as an Environmental Specialist?
- Construction oversight: read and comprehend construction plans and keep accurate and complete records documenting daily construction activities.
- Daily interaction with contractors and clients.
- Soil and groundwater sampling, field measurements, free product recovery, slug testing, water level measurements, oil water separator and SIR checks, pipe pressure testing, surface emissions monitoring, calibrating testing equipment, and performing maintenance on pumps and various equipment.
- Performing site inspections for both Evora Consulting and Evora Petroleum Solutions’ clients.
- Oversight of removal of underground storage tanks and associated piping.
- GPS surveying.
- Installing PVC or metal pipe for groundwater testing.
- Assist on drilling projects.
- Prepare reports of activities or findings.
- Work under corporate and OSHA safe work practices and follow compliance guidelines.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to maintain 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification, 8-hour refresher training.
- Previous experience working in the solid waste industry and landfills, a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Evora Group is a three-time Des Moines Register recognized Top Iowa Workplace and a West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce and City of West Des Moines 2020 Best of the West award winner. Celebrating over 25 years of business, with both employees recently graduated from college and seasoned professionals, Evora is a great place to grow your career.
Our employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance.
- 401k with company contribution.
- Yearly clothing allowance.
- Generous paid time off policy and 10 paid holidays.
- Company parties and picnics.
- And more!
Evora Group provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com