Website Evora Group
Your partner in environmental and petroleum solutions
Evora Consulting is currently seeking a Staff Engineer (E.I.) that will utilize civil and environmental engineering principles to design, plan, permit, construct, and/or implement various types of engineering and environmental projects.
As a Des Moines Register recognized 2019 Top Iowa Workplace celebrating 25 years of business, Evora is a great place to kick-start your new career. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits that include competitive salary, robust work/life integration policies, professional development opportunities, and so much more!
- Perform calculations, analysis, testing, research, and reporting specific to project needs.
- Develop plans and specifications for construction projects.
- Communicate with project team (internal staff, regulators, clients, contractors, and others) as directed by the project manager throughout the course of the project to maintain associated budgets/schedules, meet standards, and ensure client satisfaction.
- Prepare grading, piping, and other designs using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Research new and innovative design and engineering methods, including project specific needs.
- Assist with preparation of proposals for prospective or current clients.
- Perform observation, nuclear density testing, and related documentation for construction projects.
- Utilize project/accounting software per company guidelines to track time, expenses, and personal workload.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited university.
- Engineer Intern designation through NCEES or ability to obtain within 6 months.
Ability to obtain and/or maintain:
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification (with annual 8-hour refresher training).
- Radiation Safety Training (for use of Nuclear Density Gauges).
- First Aid/CPR.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply engineering principals to projects, tasks, and circumstances.
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365, including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred.
Evora Group provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org