ONLINE – LIVE WEBINAR LANDFILL OPERATOR TRAINING
The Online – Live Webinar Landfill Operator Training has been developed to bring engaging and impactful training to you. Each live session covers different topics allowing operators to select which sessions they are most interested in attending.
Each 2-Hour session has been approved by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) for 2 CEUs. So, whether you or your staff need to obtain 10 CEUs or just a few, we’ve got you covered.
For those needing CEUs, the cost is $50/person/session. Evora Consulting will track session attendance and submit CEU notifications as required by the IDNR.
Don’t need CEUs but are interested in learning more about the topic? Registration is free! Just be sure to make the appropriate selection on the registration page.
When you complete registration, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to join that specific session. The live sessions can be attended via a computer, mobile device, or phone just be sure to download the Zoom Mobile Application using the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store prior to the webinar start time.
All live sessions will start at 9:00 AM CST and conclude by 11:15 AM CST.
To begin registration for these informative sessions, please click the Webinar Registration button below.
Explore practical steps that can be implemented to help facilities improve their operations. We’ll also look at operational strategies, stormwater and leachate management, facility planning, equipment utilization, and more.
Explore best practices to reduce equipment down time, better understand the equipment capabilities, and look at which machine is best for each type of landfill task. We’ll also look at safety around heavy equipment operations and maintenance. This session will be also available on September 29, 2020.
Discuss some of the “odder” things that happen at landfills (i.e., bathroom use policies, driving customer vehicles, unique distractors, etc.) and what can be done to minimize these risks. We’ll also discuss unique strategies for public engagement and communication.
Solid waste facilities and their operations pose unique safety risks to staff, contractors, and customers. We’ll review some of the major safety items and discuss ways to minimize risks.
Discuss a variety of strategies and resources that can help plan and implement operational changes (i.e., fill sequencing planning, pattern compaction, flat fill, etc.) designed to optimize airspace utilization.
Learn about leachate and landfill gas management challenges and solutions the industry has developed and are evaluating. We’ll also discuss environmental monitoring procedures and how technology can assist with data collection and compliance.
Review strategies to perform effective waste screening at your facility. We’ll also discuss special waste programs and helpful tips to identify hazardous wastes.
Explore potential benefits of using alternative cap strategies and materials for landfill closure. We’ll also discuss the process and review case studies of facilities that are working to end their post closure requirements ahead of the prescribed 30-years.
Explore best practices to reduce equipment down time, better understand the equipment capabilities, and look at which machine is best for each type of landfill task. We’ll also look at safety around heavy equipment operations and maintenance. This session will cover the same topics as prior session on August 6, 2020.
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE).
- Supported internet browsers:
- Windows: IE 11+; Edge 12+; Firefox 27+; Chrome 30+
- Mac: Safari 7+; Firefox 27+; Chrome 30+
- Linux: Firefox 27+; Chrome 30+
- PC Users: Windows 7 and higher; mac OS X with Mac OS 10.10 and higher
- Screen and speakers
- Microphone (if you don’t have a microphone you will need a keyboard to respond to questions using the chat window)
- Mobile Device Users Using the Zoom Mobile App: iOS 8.0 or later (iPhone 4 or later. iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad 2 or later, iPod touch 4th Generation, iPhone 3GS): iPadOS 13 or later; Android 5.0x or later.
- Download the Zoom Mobile Application using the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Supported internet browsers:
Zoom System Requirements Links:
- Windows, MacOS, and Linux (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux)
- iOS, iPadOS, and Android (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201179966-System-requirements-for-iOS-iPadOS-and-Android)
• Registrations cancelled more than 5 days prior to a scheduled class are fully refundable.
• Registrations cancelled within 5 days prior to a scheduled class, including no-shows, are not refundable.
• If a class is cancelled by Evora for any reason, you will receive, at your option, either a full refund of fees paid or full credit for fees paid toward registration in any future class offered.
• Classes cancelled for not meeting minimum participation levels will be cancelled 4 business days prior to the scheduled class date.
Questions or concerns? Please contact Dani Bowlin at 515-256-8814.